I never imagined I’d be the crazy woman who’d obsess about her dog. Yes, I am now that crazy woman you dread, sharing random, albeit very cute and amusing, photos of her dog every single day. You’re even lucky that I still do not have Instagram hashtagging every single damn thing.
But I guess that happens when you’re with your dog 24/7. Yep, I spend even more time with Obi than with The Husband. On an average day, I only spend around an hour at most away from Obi. Gasp!
And so, I do know Obi very, very, very well and just wanted to share more about my wee doggie.
- Like how he eats anything. I mean anything – from bones, celery, carrots, raw livers and gizzards, dog food, gum wrapper, cookies, bread, lechon with sauce (Remember?), and loads more, EXCEPT blueberries. I’ve never seen Obi snub anything edible, except for blueberries.
- Obi burps after meals.Every. After. Meals. Since he does eat twice a day, I hear those burps at least twice. There are times that he burps twice in a meal, but that’s rare.
- Like most corgis, Obi doesn’t care for the heat so much. But there’s one thing he just loves: SNOW. When we were in the East Coast last winter, he made sure he got his paws onto the snow every time we were out. Even as the snow started to melt away, he still jumped into the piles of snirt (snow + dirt). Yuck, but the dog was happy.
- Obi is somewhat trained. Sadly, not highly trained, but I think trained enough. He knows when to “Sit”, when to “stop”, when to “Come” (but sometimes he’s not in the mood to), when to come to “bed” and go to sleep, when to get into the “crate” and when to “Potty”.
- Obi’s favorite weekend activity is to go to the “bark” a.k.a. dog park. His face just lights up, with the signature corgi smile, when I say “Let’s go to the bark!” and open the door to the garage.
- Obi does not keep still when he sleeps. He moves around in his bed or he just moves beside our bed, on which side he pleases to stay on (but most of the time, my side).
- Neither is he a silent sleeper. He SNORES! Most especially when he’s had an exhausting day of play, play, play.
- Obi has a post breakfast ritual, after he burps and goes out to potty, he waits in front of the patio door and waits for his friend, Franklin, to passby.
- He throws tantrums when he gets left behind. He either pees on the carpet (that was when I still believed that he behaved when left alone) or just barks and barks and barks and barks until we come home.
- He senses when his Dada (The Husband) comes home from work. He will bark at the door to the garage, run round and round, shake his little bunny butt until his Dada comes through the door.
- When I say, Obi “love love please”, he comes to me and lays his head on my thigh. Awww. So sweet!
I could go on and on really. Hahaha! But that’s it for now. Does your dog have strange, lovable habits too?