In my sick bed, I’ve been dreaming and salivating about my future Philippine cuisine book collection. I already have one too many books at the moment, but I really cannot help but think of these books as a necessity for my self-appointed role as Philippine food expert a.k.a. Filipino food ambassadress here in Dubai (Delusional me? Maybe. Okay, yes.).
Is March too early to have a wish list? Are wish lists only for Christmas?
Here is the preliminary wish list of the Philippine cuisine books that I want (I’d like to say need):
- Philippine Food & Life by Gilda Cordero-Fernando
- Tikim: Essays on Filipino Food and Culture by Doreen G. Fernandez
- Sarap: Essays on Philippine Food by Doreen G. Fernandez and Edilberto Alegre
- Palayok: Philippine food through time, on site, in the pot by Doreen G. Fernandez
- Slow Food: Philippine Culinary Traditions by Erlinda Enriquez Panlilio and Felice Prudente Sta Maria
- Comfort Food edited by Erlinda Enriquez Panlilio
- Memories of Philippine Kitchens by Amy Besa and Romy Dorotan
- Linamnam by Claude and Mary Ann Tayag
I hope to get my grubby foodie fingers around these precious books sometime soon. Hopefully sooner than later. I am definitely taking this Filipino food ambassadress role seriously, so I need to learn more and fast. Any kind souls who would be glad to carry on these books if they’d be passing through Dubai? I’m a housewife on a wee budget, so kind of relying on kabayan padala here versus spending an arm and a leg for shipping 😉 Don’t worry as I will be paying for the cost of the books, of course.
Oh, book donations would be very welcome too! 🙂 Dear Santa (or whoever grants Christmas wishes…Baby Jesus?), please please make my wish list come true! I promise it will be put into very good use.