In my sick bed, I’ve been dreaming and salivating about my future Philippine cuisine book collection. I already have one too many books at the moment, but I really cannot help but think of these books as a necessity for my self-appointed role as Philippine food expert a.k.a. Filipino food ambassadress here in Dubai (Delusional me? Maybe. Okay, yes.).
Is March too early to have a wish list? Are wish lists only for Christmas?
Here is the preliminary wish list of the Philippine cuisine books that I want (I’d like to say need):
- Philippine Food & Life by Gilda Cordero-Fernando
- Tikim: Essays on Filipino Food and Culture by Doreen G. Fernandez
- Sarap: Essays on Philippine Food by Doreen G. Fernandez and Edilberto Alegre
- Palayok: Philippine food through time, on site, in the pot by Doreen G. Fernandez
- Slow Food: Philippine Culinary Traditions by Erlinda Enriquez Panlilio and Felice Prudente Sta Maria
- Comfort Food edited by Erlinda Enriquez Panlilio
- Memories of Philippine Kitchens by Amy Besa and Romy Dorotan
- Linamnam by Claude and Mary Ann Tayag
I hope to get my grubby foodie fingers around these precious books sometime soon. Hopefully sooner than later. I am definitely taking this Filipino food ambassadress role seriously, so I need to learn more and fast. Any kind souls who would be glad to carry on these books if they’d be passing through Dubai? I’m a housewife on a wee budget, so kind of relying on kabayan padala here versus spending an arm and a leg for shipping Don’t worry as I will be paying for the cost of the books, of course.
Oh, book donations would be very welcome too! Dear Santa (or whoever grants Christmas wishes…Baby Jesus?), please please make my wish list come true! I promise it will be put into very good use.