Moist, creamy scrambled eggs are one of the best accompaniments to a hearty breakfast. Though I did not have an evening breakfast meal, The Husband requested me to make some scrambled eggs to go with his chicken pork adobo. So I was excited to try out one of the ways to achieve the perfectly moist, creamy scrambled eggs as recommended by food writing idol Ruth Reichl.
The recipe is fairly simple, but it did require more cooking time versus the regular less-than 5-minute quick cooking gig. Hence, this is not for the impatient cook or the hungry person on the go.
- Butter…lots of it
- A pinch of salt
- OPTIONAL: Veggies of choice. I added some red onion.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. No pepper.
- Put your burner on the lowest heat possible. Then, pour the scrambled egg mixture in sauce pan.
- Then as you cook, add little knobs of butter into the eggs and mix some more.
- Mix, mix, and mix until the eggs are done. Mine took around 15 minutes.
I know I have poor photography skills, but don’t those eggs look nice and moist?
If you don’t have 15-30 minutes to spare, I have another trick to guarantee moist, creamy scrambled eggs in under 5-minutes. Why not add a squiggle (or two) of that Japanese Kewpie mayo to the scrambled egg mixture? Let me know how that turns out…
Delirious about delicious,