I know I started off the year with a big happy smile and positive energy because 2012 will be a beautiful year for me, but, tonight, I just feel quite off the mark. It’s the kind of sadness that is curable by a big steaming mug of a hug, homemade hot chocolate…
There’s something about the warm, creamy earthy dark broth that envelopes you and makes the sadness go away.
- 1 cup of fresh whole milk (I used low-fat milk, which is all we have in our wee pantry)
- 6 nubs of tsokolate / Filipino chocolate disc-lets (the amount depends on what kind of tsokolate you have on hand. But if you like yours chocolatier, then feel free to add more tsokolate)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (preferably brown sugar or muscovado sugar if you have any, which complements the earthiness of the chocolate well)
- Boil the milk in a saucepan.
- Add the tsokolate to the boiling milk. Then stir until the tsokolateis completely melted. You can expect a dark brown or even black broth when done.
- Add sugar and stir.
- OPTIONAL: You can top the tsokolatewith whipped cream if you have any. I think this is the extra squeeze you get after that big bear hug.
I just wish I made that mug of hug tonight instead of two days ago, because I really do need one giant hot chocolate bear hug right now.
Delirious about delicious,